Sunday, March 14, 2010

Busy Busy

Things are starting to heat up around the farm, both literally and figuratively. I've been away on business and upon my return, we were hit with another wind storm. Nice.

But life on the farm keeps humming along. We've started our early green seeds, harvested some overwintered arugula, made pasta and bread with some local heritage wheat I scored.

Oh, and I've been playing with some goat babies. Congrats to a dear reader, S, who will be taking all three boys for her own three (human) kids. I am so happy they will be loved in such a good home. I am retaining the two girls for my own small milking herd.

Jolene continues to be an excellent, and prolific, mother. We have not had to supplement additional milk yet and her patience knows no bounds, as this video will show.




I hope to start posting about some other fun farm topics in the near future, but in the short term, enjoy the goaties!

6 comments:

Sylvia said...

so excited...love the video!! interestingly enough, i am also a playground. :)

WarPony said...

5. *shocked face*

I have one offspring who is low maintenance and she drives me nuts, I can't imagine having 5 climbing all over me. lol.

Holy moly, if she is feeding all 5 without help can you imagine how much milk she will have for you once they are weaned? I'm jealous, I won't have milk until next year!

Jeni said...

I think I'd have to hire a nanny!

Austen said...

That is a mess of goats! It's so adorable though, how do you even stand it?

Also, congrats on getting the green stuff started. It seems March comes sooner and sooner! I can't wait to hear how your garden does this year!

AareneX said...

Those goat kids are probably the cutest ever and Jolene is a saint!

Stacey said...

The look on her face! It's probably not patience, it's the chance to get a five kid masseuse job after carrying them for so long.