Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Milestone

Last weekend, I got the last of the outdoor garden planted.  We have four rows of peas (two varieties), two rows of beans, four rows of corn, five varieties of squash, zucchini, melon, and four more rows of potatoes.

The greenhouse tomators, peppers, and tomatillos are doing very well, as are the next round of salads.  I finally harvested all the spinach after it bolted due to a greenhouse accident.  The fan was unplugged for a day and the spinach decided NOW was the time.  The cabbage is still going strong, growing visibly each day.

Next week, we will start logging the back three acres.  I also have flagged a few trees around the outside garden to allow more precious sunlight.  

I am very busy, but very pleased so far.  It's an enormous relief to be done with planting.  Now I just need to weed and fertilize and watch it all grow.

No comments: